Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hospital Bag for Labor

I have the list of items needed for baby on my blog so I thought I'd add this list too.

For you:
*stretch pants (or comfy pants) for after you have baby - 2 pair
*a couple t shirts
*nursing bras
*nursing pads
*nipple cream
*sweatshirt (if you want, although nursing in it would be difficult)
*Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, soap, razor, fash wash and lotion, regular lotion, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, q-tips)
*hair brush
*slipper socks
*i-pod and headphones (if you want it for labor)
*PJ's
*cell phone charger
*camera, charger/batteries, whatever yours requires
*snacks (for dad)
*extra money inc. loose change (for the vending machine) for dad. remember, you get fed, but he doesnt!
*pillow (if you want)
*boppy

For baby:
*pacifiers (if you're going to use them)
*1-2 onsies, and 1-2 hats (you probably won't need these but I like to be overly prepared)
*going home outfit
*socks, a few pairs (not necessary, but I don't like my baby's feet getting cold and they don't provide socks. just be prepared for the nurses to possibly lose 1, or 2, or 5 of them so you're not upset if they do.)
*baby nail file/clippers
*1-2 receiving blankets
*car seat
*bunting (the baby sleeping bag/coat thing)
*blanket to cover baby when in the car seat
*if in a cold climate, you'll want a car seat cover too

That's everything! (I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment