Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Beer Cheese Soup

Greg and I LOVE this soup, and it's so easy to make!

I got the recipe from my Betty Crocker Cookbook, but have modified it to make it even better.

Let me first say that the recipe I'm giving you doesn't make that much. Greg and I can eat it all in one sitting, so I always (at least) double it. Just keep that in mind if you make it.
Ingredients:
2-3 tbsp butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
2-3 tbsp flour
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp ground mustard
12 oz beer (the darker the beer, the heartier the flavor)
1 cup milk
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1.5-2 cups diced, steamed potatoes

Melt butter in saucepan. Cook onion and celery in melted butter intil tender.

Add flour, pepper, and mustard. Stir in beer and milk. Heat to boiling over medium heat. Boil for one minute.

Turn heat to low and gradually add cheese, stirring until melted. Add potatoes and stir.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I looove beer cheese , we will have to try this out thanks!

    ReplyDelete