Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wehrman Turkey Burgers

Ok, after a very frazzled hour of trying to figure out what to make for lunch one day before Greg got home from school, I threw some stuff together and came up with these awesome burgers. I was very proud of myself for creating my first signature recipe. :) (Ignore the hot dogs in the picture. Those are DEFINITELY store bought.)

I've made these with ground turkey and ground beef. I prefer turkey, but either is fine. Also, I don't measure anything. I just throw what looks good into the bowl (my mother-in-law would be proud.)

Ingredients:

*1 lb ground turkey or beef
*1-2 small onions, chopped (I do 2, because Greg doesn't believe in "too much onion")
*2-3 cloves garlic, minced
*1/2 packet dry "Good Seasons" Italian Dressing
*1/4 cup parmesan cheese
*Pepper
*Salt (or garlic salt if you don't want to mince fresh garlic)
*Drizzle of EVOO (Only if you're using beef! I've found that beef is harder to mix, especially with adding all the dry ingredients. The EVOO helps with the dry factor.)
Mix all ingredients and form into 3 - 4 patties. Grill or pan fry in EVOO. I eat the burger as a steak, with no bun because I think it has awesome flavor, but Greg eats it like a burger. The choice is yours! Calories using ground turkey and portioned to 4 patties is 228 per patty.
Left picture is pan frying turkey in EVOO, and right picture is formed patties made from beef.

4 comments:

  1. Those look really good! Recently I came up with a recipe for Salmon burgers that are really good. Isn't it fun "inventing" recipes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great!! YUM!
    We'll try 'em on the grill this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma! I am glad to see you are blogging-now I can keep up with you and Greg without asking Maryn,"So how are Emma and Greg doing?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..oh and the burgers look yummy, too.

    ReplyDelete