Saturday, December 10, 2011

BBQ Chicken Pizza

So I made BBQ Chicken Pizza tonight, totally homemade!

Since one of my goals this month is to make all of our breads homemade, I even made my own pizza dough.

I started with this recipe.

The rest of my ingredients were:
Cooked, diced chicken, about 1-1/2 cups
BBQ sauce
Mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese
Colby/Monterey jack blended cheese
Diced onion

Once the dough had doubled in size, I just sprinkled a pan with corn meal, and stretched it to fit my pan. (The pan I used it 14x10 inches.)

Like this...


Then I brushed my dough with BBQ sauce. I tossed the chicken in some BBQ sauce to coat it and then put it on top. Next, I added all my cheeses. I know I don't have amounts on here becuase it's totally up to you and how much you love cheese. If you want a ballpark figure though, I'd say around 1 cup per kind of cheese. After the cheese, I just sprinkled the onions on top and a tiny bit more BBQ sauce to make it look pretty and popped it in a 400 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes, when my crust was golden and my cheese was bubbly and slightly browned.

Here's the finished product. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment