Monday, June 6, 2011

Jumble of Emotions

Keep in mind while you read this (and any) post, you can click on the pictures to enlarge them!

Today is a reminiscing day.

While trying to rearrange and condense old boxes in our spare room, I came across a box full of memories.

I found an old church bulletin from 2002! Back when Warren Woods still used Hymnals!

I also found another one from '03. (Why do I still have this stuff?!)

Those boxes I wrote around those names were from back in '03. Note that my Gregory was listed.

'03...I was a sophomore in high school...and Gregory was just the son of regular attenders at our church.

Also in this box many notes written back and forth between my friends and me during service.

And papers that were created during Sunday School in like 5th grade that only Shannon Iafrate and I understand.
(It's amazing I came out ok as an adult since I obviously paid such good attention every moment during church...on a side note, I did also find some sermon notes of mine in this box too!)

This box also had countless pictures from all throughout high school...

And the card my parents gave me for my high school graduation....

Cassette tapes (ha!) from our premarital counseling...

Our cards from our wedding day...and our program for our wedding ceremony...Inside this box is lots and lots of wonderful memories for me in the years leading up to my wedding.

It got me thinking about the last decade of my life...how blessed I was growing up with such a wonderful family, awesome friends, and great church.

After reading the front cover of our wedding program, and being reminded of that day, I began to think of the last five and a half years that I've spent as Gregory's wife.

I started crying because I was overwhelmed with emotions from all these different times in my life being put in front of me.

And in our 5.5 years of marriage, we have dealt with a lot of transitioning...and we're going through another transition time right now (that I'll blog about at a later date.)

I am getting a little overwhelmed with everything we're going through right now...but remembering our wedding day and how in love with Gregory I was made me think of how much MORE I love him now.

I am so SO blessed. We have a wonderful marriage.

This is my life now.
That man means the world to me. I love him more than I could ever have imagined loving someone. And I know he feels the same about me.

God has blessed our marriage, and I'm so thankful.

And He's blessed us with a family...


Yes, we've been through a lot...and are going through quite a bit more transitioning right now too.

But in all of it, because of God's blessings, I can see that He has been with us through it all. He has had His hand in every part of our lives together.

And whatever lies ahead, I know He'll continue to guide us.

No comments:

Post a Comment