Monday, October 29, 2012

Blogger Catch Up Months 5 & 6

Oh my goodness I have been so bad about my blog lately... I have missed a ton. I will try to catch up as much as I can. It may not be in chronological order though!

Let me update my monthly photos for Gunnar. Here is month 5. It's a little out of the ordinary compared to other months. Big sister waned in on the fun and as soon as I snapped the photo, Gunnar took a dive. This first photo makes me laugh every time. Don't worry - he's fine! Greg was just out of view of the camera and grabbed him.


 After we took Kylee out of the shot, all he was interested in was his diaper!


And on to month 6...


This boy is growing! We took him for his 6 month check up last week and he is 19 lbs 8 oz, and 29 inches long! That puts him in the 75th percentile for weight and way above the 95th percentile for height. He's a big boy. He has even surpassed how big his brother was at this age. He's in some 12 and some 18 month size clothes because of his length! He's also in a big boy car seat since our arms were about to die with the infant carrier. People expect him to be physically capable of doing more than he actually can because he's so big. We've actually had more than one person ask if he and his sister are twins when they're in the double stroller together! Um, no!

He can't quite sit up yet, but it's not because of strength. He actually can support himself just fine and sits straight up. He just needs to get the balancing act down. He pushes up on his hands when he's on his tummy and it's just barely figuring out how to get his knees under him. Also, just in the last week or so, he has said "mamamama" and "dadadada." But just FYI, he did say "mama" first. ;)

He's such a sweet, happy boy. It really takes nothing to make him laugh or smile. When he first wakes up and I go to get him and smile at him, he laughs out of pure joy! He melts my heart.

His eyes are becoming more brown by the day, and I've been told that you can't tell in pictures that he has auburn hair. I snapped this photo the other day so you could see his true features.

He LOVES to eat (obviously, considering his size.) We're working our way through all the jarred fruits and veggies, and he hasn't met one he doesn't like yet. And now that he's on 3 meals a day, I'm being smarter than I was with Kylee and breaking him of nursing at night NOW and not waiting until 12 months. His 20 minutes of crying is way better than 3.5 hours. In a night or so, I'm hoping he'll get the idea for good. (I just started a couple nights ago.)

He loves being with us. Besides hunger or fatigue, the only other thing he will fuss about is if he thinks he's alone. If I'm cooking dinner, I just have to pull his highchair up next to me in the kitchen so he's right with me and he's a happy boy. He loves being on the floor with his brother and sister too.

I can't believe how big he is. How is he halfway to a year already?!

No comments:

Post a Comment