Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Welcome to Being an Adult

It has been a rough couple of weeks.
I started to have complications with my pregnancy on December 15th, and it was pretty much downhill from there.

The evening of Christmas Eve, I miscarried our baby. Needless to say, Christmas was not how we expected it to be.

People keep asking me how I'm doing. And I have to go through everything of what happened again. That's not an easy task. I guess I just fully understand why some people wait until the second trimester to tell people the good news.

I'm doing ok. I really am. I am for sure doing way better than I ever thought I would when I thought about it happening to me. And I believe that our rough 2 weeks of complications was God's way of preparing my heart. And He is carrying me through everything.

And, as hard as it is, I believe it was the Lord's will for us to miscarry. Greg and I did a lot of talking afterwards, and it seems as though God was preparing us for the miscarriage from the day we found out we were pregnant.
I went out and bought an angel ornament for our Christmas tree. Also, I'm working on a song about everything too. Maybe one day I'll post it on here.

Here's the ornament...

I know the Lord will bless us with another child when He sees fit, and so we're just waiting until then.

4 comments:

  1. We're so very sorry you're going through this, we just thank God for His faithfulness...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and I'm glad you're back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma I am so sorry that you are going through this. I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The angel is soo sweet! Perfect! I love you, and Im glad I get to read about your life again. I am glad that we have become so much closer recently, I think maybe He had something to do with that too. I know that if you hadn't been pregnant we would have never sparked a conversation, and look how many we have had since then. The whole thing was a hidden blessing. I have been trying to find a way to better connect with you, and praying that something would show itself. And here it was all along. You are just what I need in my life at this moment and God knew that! Your an angel and u don't even know it!

    ReplyDelete