Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Greg's Half Marathon

Ok, so those of you that have been following my blog know that I ran the Chicago Rock n Roll Half Marathon in August. There are "Rock n Roll" events all over the country throughout the year. After I finished mine and got the desire to run more halves, we discovered that there is a Rock n Roll event here in Phoenix. Once I found that out and knew we were moving here, I wanted to run this one too. And after I crossed the finish line, Greg decided that he also wanted to run a half marathon. So, we decided to do it together. But then after we got here we decided to try for a baby so I didn't train for it, but he still wanted to run it.

SO - this past Sunday, Greg ventured out on the 13.1 mile path with Hunter and me at the sidelines. I took some pictures of the exciting event.
Here he is waiting outside his corral warming up. Doesn't he look so happy to be there?! ;)
Here he is waiting in the corral with other runners.
John McCain was there! I was within 50 feet of him so OF COURSE I had to get a picture!

Throughout the race you have the option (that costs money, of course) to receive text updates of how he's doing. Here's his stats I got during the race:
He crossed the 5K mark in 26:55.
He crossed the 10K mark in 54:52.
We were supposed to get a 10 mile text update. I was waiting at the finish line for that text, and then once I received it I was going to try to get a spot at the sidelines so I could get pictures of him finishing. I'm not sure why, but I never got that text. So no pics, but I got lucky that while I was waiting there I happened to look up and see him run by so I called his name out and he waved. So I guess that's better than nothing.
He finished the 13.1 miles with a time of 2:03:19. I am so proud of him. He really did a wonderful job.


Here he is with his proud smile and finisher's medal. :)
So we are both half marathoners. One day, we plan to run one together. Hopefully next year sometime. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment