Thursday, April 14, 2011

Extreme Couponing

Yesterday, my friend told me that the show called "Extreme Couponing" reminds her of me. What's funny is that this is at least my 5th friend in the past few months that has said this.
It makes me proud that people think of me when they watch that show! While I've never seen it (since we don't have cable...just another money-saving technique) I like clipping coupons and getting awesome deals as (I would assume) the people on the show do also.
I always text my mom and sis with my weekly deals. They aren't fellow coupon-clippers, but they humor me and congratulate me on my good deals, which I appreciate. ;)
Just yesterday, I got all of this: for $6.38! (Don't worry, I did get 12 eggs, but I made banana muffins and used one before I took the pic.)
I've had a few people ask me where I get my coupons, which I love because I want other people to use them too to save money! It definitely does take time, but it's invigorating to me to pull out a stack of coupons and save at least $10 in one trip!
Anyway, in addition to getting the Sunday paper for the coupon inserts, I print a lot of them too. Here are my favorite sites:

Moms by Heart - This one is my favorite! There are a ton of coupon sites by people to help you match up coupons with sales. But in the past when I've tried to use them, these sites just annoyed me because I could never find my way around them. I love this site though, because it's very well organized and I can always easily find what I'm looking for. She posts weekly posts for Target, Walgreens, CVS and Rite Aid with the best deals per their sales and using coupons, and tells you where to find the coupons.
Here's my favorite sites to print coupons:
My main method of saving a ton with coupons is going to a store that doubles coupons up to $1. It's a grocery store that I go to, but I even buy a lot to toiletries there. Example: they had toothpaste for $2.50. I had a $1 coupon, which they doubled, giving me $2 off, and getting a tube of Colgate for $0.50! I highly suggest finding a store that doubles coupons up to $1.
Hope this information can help someone save some money!

1 comment:

  1. Emma-
    I also love to coupon. My brother in law called my husabd last night to remind me about the show. I have been doing it since Jan. and it has saved us so much money. Something I also found was someone on ebay selling Chic-fil-a coupns for hardly nothing. It has saved me so much money when the girls want chicken sandwich and fries. My best grocery trip was a month ago I got over $350 of grocery for $100 if on that trip I had more coupons it would have been less. Now my family and Channigs family give me there coupons. Hey would love to share startegies.

    ReplyDelete