Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring has Sprung!

My sweet neighbor, Ms. Peggy, came over this morning and asked if she could plant some things in my front garden by our front windows. She is in her 70s, but you'd never know it. She keeps busy in her own garden on any day where the weather permits it. I'd considered the thought that planting things out front would look nice, but it never went anywhere from there.

Anyway, she brought over some plants, and we pulled weeds, tilled mulch, and planted plants for 2 hours. I didn't think about it before we first started to get an actual "before" picture, but trust me when I say that it was very rough looking. Here is a picture of when we were almost through pulling the weeds.You can see the huge piles of weeds on the walk.

Hunter had fun helping, and Kylee did great too!
I didn't think about it until I had the opportunity to do it, but being that it's my house, I was able to decide exactly where I wanted each plant, and I really liked that responsibility. I may even go up to Lowe's and pick out a few of my own. I just planted what Peggy was sweet enough to give to me, but I think it would be fun to pick out what I like at the store.

Here's the finished product. (Please note the garden ornaments Ms. Peggy donated.) It will look nicer once the plants are established in the ground and the flowers really start blooming. We also planted zinnia seeds along the back, so I can't wait for those to sprout up!

2 comments:

  1. It looks nice Emma!! I think you are going to love it when they begin to bloom. LOVE the ornaments!! Very sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete