Monday, May 9, 2011

Wonderful Mother's Day

A friend on facebook asked what everyone wanted for Mother's Day. My response was "A homemade card, and a day spent with my babies and husband." I got just that (and more) and it was perfect!

The morning started with my alarm going off for church, and right after I turned it off and rolled over, Gregory put his arm around me and said, "Happy Mother's Day" even before I was coherent enough to remember what day it was myself! Let me tell you, MAJOR brownie points!

Kylee was sweet to me on Mother's Day too. She'd gone to bed at about 11pm, which is a little late, but she slept until 7:30 so I never had to get up to feed her all night. She was even nice enough to do this on a day when I had to get up at 7 and not 6!

After a wonderful church service, I was in the bedroom getting ready for us to go out, and Hunter ran up with a homemade card.

Homemade cards from my three-year-old melt my heart.
I blocked out what Gregory wrote. Sorry, world. That's just between us. ;) But I will tell you that it was very sweet and I got choked up. I love being a mom, and I take care of my family and the house because I want to, but it's nice to be appreciated for it every once in a while.

I also loved that Hunter signed his own and his sister's name. He is getting much more confident in his writing ability lately so he's finally trying to write more and more letters. I'm so proud of him! If you look at his name, he wrapped it around, so what looks like a cross is his "r." :) I love the stage where they think as long as they get all the letters on the page, their name is there.

And my favorite part of the card are the pom pons on the inside. :)

Anyway, after they gave me my card, we headed to downtown Norfolk to eat and go to the USS Wisconsin.

On a sidenote, we're trying to pay off debt (mostly) the Dave Ramsey way. This means that we budgeted only enough money for Mother's Day to grab a cheap bite to eat in Norfolk, and that was it.

Anyway, we were eating at Jimmy John's and my boys came back from using the bathroom with this:


While I absolutely LOVE the gift, it's extra-special for more than one reason. As stated before, we barely budgeting anything for Mother's Day. And the "Dave Ramsey way" means no credit cards. This gift is so special because that means that Greg took it out of his own "impulse money" (as we call it, and we don't get much at all) to buy me a gift.

I can't tell you how much that means to me. I honestly wasn't expecting more than a card, and it makes me feel so wonderful that he did that for me. I love him so much. I can't wait to schedule my 2 hours of relaxation time!

After lunch, we headed to the ship.

Another sidenote, if you don't mind. When I was 35 weeks pregnant with Hunter, Greg and I went on a mini-getaway vacation to Wilmington, NC, as a last weekend away before having children. While we were there, we toured the battleship North Carolina. It was very similar to the Wisconsin that we toured yesterday.

Anyway, while on the Wisconsin yesterday, I just kept thinking about 3.5 years ago, and now. Now, we have our sweet boy who was just running around exploring everything like it was all the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I've loved the last 3.5 years. I love my family.

Here's some pictures of the fun...






Don't worry, her hands had circulation. We checked often.Sometimes, I love to watch Hunter play. I love his way of exploring and his silly personality. Here's an example of that. He didn't know I was recording.









Hunter had lots of fun. When we got in the car, Greg and I both exhausted from the sun and all the walking carrying children, Hunter said, "I want to go to the ship again, tomorrow." :)

Our ride home consisted of this...
and this...

and this...We ended the day with...
Frosty's! Yum!

It was the perfect Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment