Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Prayers


So, as we do every morning, we woke up to Hunter climbing in bed with us.

Actually, let me say that just in the past few days, Hunter has realized that if he doesn't wake mom and dad up, he can get into anything he wants! Yesterday, we found him with an empty cracker wrapper, (he left all his crumbs on the couch), in the corner, playing with an extension cord.

Thankfully though, he woke us up this morning. He climbed in bed, and proceeded to tell us something in his two year old jibberish, but this time, at the end of his statement, he said "AMEN!" He had been praying with us. It touched my heart so much as his momma. He did it a couple more times before I left for work too.

I know he's too young to understand the meaning of prayers, but that is one thing I pray for during my prayer time, is to ask that he'll get the idea and importance of praying. I'm just so thankful, because I feel like him "praying" is the first step in the right direction. YAY!

2 comments:

  1. Emma, That is so sweet. I really love this picture of you and Hunter. Sounds like you really are "training him up in the way he should go" It is so wonderful when you can actually "see" or in this case, "hear" the fruit of your labor :)- Jenny

    ReplyDelete