Monday, May 17, 2010

I know, I know...




I'm terrible at this.


But please, don't be upset at what I've NOT blogged about in the past month or so and try to enjoy this one. :)


This past weekend, we went to visit the Friedlein's. They live about 3 hours north of us, so we went there Friday through Sunday evening.


We had such a wonderful visit. They have a 3 year old named David, and Hunter and he played very well together...well, maybe David is just a really good sharer and Hunter loved all of his toys. But Hunter did enjoy watching David play with airplanes, and picked up a few cool tricks.



On Saturday, we went to an air show in Maryland. This was my first time ever being in Maryland AND my first Air Show! It had (I believe) all the branches of the military there, (if not all, then most) so there were lots of different performers. I got to see a Harrier fly which I was happy about. The harrier is what Greg worked on when he was in the Marine Corps, and I finally got to see it in action. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures worth posting, because the airplane is too small in them. :( The air show finished with the Blue Angels, which was really cool to see. It's amazing what they do with the aircraft, and parts are nerve racking to watch!




On Sunday, we went to the Friedlein's church, and had a WONDERFUL service. The pastor preached on prayer being the first step in anything. It was a VERY good sermon. If you'd like to hear a podcast on it, you can go here. It's the sermon entitled "Get Your Motor Running."


After church, we went to the Marine Corps Museum. Greg has been wanting to go here since they opened it a few years back, so I was very glad that we got the opportunity for him to go. I know he really enjoyed it. I also know it really made him miss the USMC even more. I do miss it too. I miss the pride that comes along with my husband being a Marine. However, when I actually sit down and think about it, I don't know that deployments (especially now that we're parents) are worth that. I don't want Greg to be gone during a pregnancy again. I'd like him to be here to experience that with me. And I can't imagine him being away from Hunter for 6 months. They have such a wonderful relationship and I wouldn't want anything to happen to that. Hunter was the reason he decided to just get out at the end of his contract, and I don't think I'm sorry for that, even as much as I miss the pride that comes along with being a Marine wife.




But anyway, the museum was nice. :) They even have a harrier hanging from the ceiling when you first walk in.



Also, much to my surprise, they have the actual flag that was flown on Iwo Jima. It's amazing to me that they still have it. I would have included a picture, but to help preserve it, no flash photography was allowed, and there are no lights shining on it. So, I guess you'll just have to go see for yourself. :)


So that was our weekend. Very military, and very enjoyable. I miss the Friedleins SO much and am so glad they're within driving distance!


Thanks guys for a wonderful weekend. We all really enjoyed seeing you again and want to do it again very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment