Tuesday, July 13, 2010

First Dr's Appointment

It went GREAT! It was strictly just an ultrasound, and a quick Q&A with the doctor.
I was a little nervous right before the ultrasound only because the last few ultrasounds I had (with my previous pregnancy) were never good ones. However, as soon as he started, you could see a perfect developing baby!
Greg got out of work to go to the appointment yesterday. I was so glad because he didn't get to go to much with Hunter since he was deployed. However, it was touch and go there for a few minutes, because we had Hunter, and they don't even allow children in the waiting room (because of germs) let alone into the patient rooms. But, thankfully, they made an exception and Greg and Hunter were snuck in through a back room and allowing to be there for the ultrasound. This does present an issue of finding childcare for all of my appointments, since I don't know ANYONE, but I'm praying I find someone.

Baby Wehrman is measuring perfectly at 11 weeks, 6 days, which is exactly how far along I was yesterday for the ultrasound.

The Dr even did a 3d ultrasound! He said he doesn't normally do it, and this would probably be the last one, but we definitely enjoyed it! Even Hunter loved it. I've been telling him there's a baby in mom's belly, and then yesterday, I told him we were going to get to see the baby on tv. He got a kick out of it! :)




So, baby looks great and I have another routine appointment next week. However, I do have a bump on my belly that I mentioned to the dr, so I have ANOTHER appointment in two weeks because he wants to do an abdominal ultrasound to see what's causing the bump. Your prayers that it's nothing are really appreciated!!

I am 12 weeks today, so I'll be posting 12 week belly pics soon...

1 comment: