Friday, August 6, 2010

New Bern

So as I mentioned in my last post (if you read the whole thing, I know it was lengthy!) we went to New Bern last weekend to visit with friends. As expected, the visit went wonderful and it was soo good to see everyone! (The only problem is that it, once again, reminded me of how much I miss everyone!)

The main reason we chose last weekend to go was because Ms. Kenley Ronk was celebrating her first birthday. Also, two of my friends are pregnant (I think I've mentioned that before) and this was going to be the only time we would be in the same place at the same time during our pregnancies! We, of course, got pictures. :)
From the left, me (due Jan 25th,) Jenny (due Jan 23rd,) and Keri (due Jan 21st!)

So, Saturday morning started with a breakfast trip to Baker's Square. This is THE best place ever to get breakfast, and it's been over 2 years since Greg and I have been able to enjoy it, so it was a must going there. It was delicious, as expected, and I haven't been that full at all this pregnancy because I still have to be careful with what and how much I eat.

After breakfast was the birthday party. Keri did a crayon theme, and she did it so well!

I was on camera duty during the party for Keri so most of my pictures are stolen from Jenny's blog. I hope you don't mind! ;)

This next picture is the adorable crayon/rainbow cake that was delicious too!

Here is mom and birthday girl.

Keri had butcher paper over all the table clothes so the kids (and adults) were free to color on the tables!

Here's Greg and Hunter joining in on the fun.

Brian (Kenley's daddy) made an awesome video montage of Kenley's first year that made me cry like a blubbering idiot. It just made me think of how big MY boy is, and he's almost 2 years older than Kenley! I love the stage that he's in, but he doesn't have very much baby left in him. It makes me that much for thankful for this little precious life inside of me

Sunday morning, we went to church and saw wonderful old friends that asked us (as always!) when we're moving back! After church, we went with a big group to eat lunch.

Here's a pic of me and Ms. Kenley.

After lunch, we didn't miss the opportunity to get one more belly pic!


Our visit was wonderful and it was so good to see everyone. Thank you again, Gary and Melissa, for housing us!

We hope to see everyone again very soon. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment