Tuesday, October 5, 2010

24 Weeks

24 weeks, yay! Greg made me laugh in that first picture, if you can't tell.

24 weeks is a big milestone! This is where the medical world considers the pregnancy viable, and should I go into labor that can't be stopped, doctors will do everything medically possible to save baby girl! Obviously, her chances of survival continue to rise significantly as the pregnancy goes on, but it still feels good to know that I'm past that marker.

My uterus is the size of a soccer ball! I figure that's something my husband can appreciate. I feel her moving so much now throughout the day. I've tried to get Hunter to feel her when she's being really active, but he just pulls his hand away and gives me a "why on earth do you want my hand to rest on your belly?!" look. Hopefully in the near future it will make more sense to him. :) The other night, Greg and I were laying in bed and I had my arm around him. I was just drifting off to sleep when he says, "Did the baby just kick my back?!" She was just saying hi, daddy! I thought it was cute. :)

We have a possible name. I'm trying it out and calling her by it to see if I like it enough to call her it for the rest of my life! Also, we've decided that we won't be sharing the name with anyone till she's here. You'll just have to wait on the edge of your seats.

I'm not quite sure if nesting is starting (I've read it CAN start this early) but I do know that I organized my pantry and deep cleaned my stovetop and oven yesterday. I was in the kitchen for hours scrubbing, and oh boy, did I feel that the rest of the night! Sleeping is getting difficult because I can only sleep on my sides but my hips ache so badly they keep me from sleeping. It may be a long 13+ final weeks...

Indigestion has slowly started to rear its ugly head in the past week. It's not bad now, but I'm very scared it's only going to get worse. And the thought of Tums makes me nauseous. This shall be interesting...

I think thats it for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment