Monday, October 25, 2010

Hunter's Birthday

This weekend we had Hunter's birthday party. All last week I was prepping Hunter for the party, because I think I was more excited than he was! Both Greg's parents and mine, along with our 5 year old nephew Andrew, were able to drive down for the weekend to attend the party. They arrived late Friday evening (because a 13 hour drive turned into 18 hours from traffic and stuff) and Hunter started to show signs of getting sick right around the same time. :( He just has some chest congestion and is coughing a lot, but he was a trooper for the party!

Saturday was spent prepping all day. My mother and I made a fondant Lightening McQueen cake and it "only" took us 8 hours. My mother-in-law was a HUGE help for the 8 hours, because we would set a dirty dish down and it would magically become clean! :) She kept our workspace and dishes clean while we kept messing them up. The cake was lots of fun to make and I definitely learned a lot about dealing with fondant, but I don't want to bore you with the details of what it took to create it if you're not interested. That's why I decided to make a separate post about it if you'd like to read about it. Here is the finished product.


The party was Sunday afternoon. Here's a picture of the decorations. The crepe paper design was my mother in law's and was executed by both mothers since they didn't like me standing on chairs and the edge of the couch. Didn't they do a wonderful job??

Here's a picture of the birthday boy who wouldn't smile. Please note the M&M dye all over his mouth. The bowl of M&M's were taken away from the 3 and 5 year old not long after this picture was taken. :)

Our neighbors, and a couple friends of ours attended the party.




Here he is blowing out his candles. He had been looking forward to this moment for weeks. Whenever I brought up his party he would say "And cake, and candles, and fire!"
He had a wonderful time, and I am so glad. I feel like the three year old birthday party is the first one where he's very aware of everything going on and can even get excited about it beforehand. He had a lot of fun, and I'm so glad.
Here he is at the end of the night in his new pajamas (that I LOVE) homemade by Nana Wehrman.
No smile again, but then we did get a silly face!
Thank you for everyone that attended, and thank you, mom, dad, mom, and dad, for coming down here to spend this special day with him. I know he loved being with all of you, as did Greg and I. Thank you for all of your help, also!

No comments:

Post a Comment