Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hunter's Birthday

Hunter's birthday and party were a huge success!

His actual 4th birthday was Thursday, the 27th, and I did my best to make it as special as possible.

Wednesday night, he took cupcakes to his AWANA class to celebrate. Here he is decorating them.

He was so excited when he woke up as a 4-year-old the morning of his birthday. He had been excited to be able to run as fast as his 4-year-old friend David when he turned 4, and according to him, he was going to be bigger and stronger too. I think he thought he would wake up a foot taller or something! When he woke up, I asked him if he felt stronger. He made big muscles with his arms and said, "YEAH!"

He was a stinker that morning, and this is the best birthday photo I could get.That morning, our friends Jenny, David and Aiden stopped by for a surprise birthday visit and they brought Hunter an adorable suit for church! Then for lunch, our neighbors, the Hair family, invited us over. They were so sweet and got Hunter a present, and made a couple birthday signs they hung up for him too. I told Donna that he likes anything with cheese, so we had a yummy mac and cheese lunch, and this for dessert...
That night after dinner, Greg and I sang Happy Birthday to him with a cupcake with candles, and gave him a small gift.On Friday, my parents flew into town for the weekend to celebrate with us.

Saturday was his actual party. We had a monster truck theme. Here is a picture of his invites (click on it for a larger view.) I found the idea online and my brother designed them, and then had them printed on glossy card stock so they looked like a real ticket. I absolutely loved them, and Hunter loved them too. He constantly wanted to see himself in the truck.
Three of our favorite families, the Coghills, Friedleins, and Goodfellows, were able to come to the party and it was so much fun!

Greg got old tires from work and we build an obstacle course in the backyard. I think that was everyone's favorite activity.

Here's a video of the kids doing the obstacle course race:




After the kids finished doing it twice, we decided that the four dads needed to compete. Here's a video of that:




We also played Pin the Tire on the Truck:Here's a picture of all the kids...

My mom and I made his monster truck birthday cake the day before. He loved it!


Kylee had a party bow on but wouldn't let me get a good picture of her...
All in all, it was SO much fun! Hunter had a wonderful party and he won't stop watching the home videos of it on the computer. I think that means it was a success! Thank you, everyone, that had a part in making his birthday so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment