Thursday, November 24, 2011

My Birthday Project

So next week, it will be my birthday month.

Typically for my birthday, it's a time for me to get a couple things that I've been wanting, but because money is tight, I can't just go out and buy.

However, while on Pinterest, I discovered a woman who spent her birthday a little differently than the average American, and I decided I wanted to do the same thing. You can read about her here.

Instead of getting gifts, I want to use the money Greg may have spent on a gift and complete 25 random acts of kindness (RAOK) for other people (because it'll be my 25th birthday.)

I have every thing I need. God has been so good to me and I have a beautiful family, a great roof over our head, and good food on the table.

If you look at the original woman who did this, she completed hers all in one day. But for a few different reasons, I decided I'm going to do it over the month of December. For one thing with my kids, it would be really difficult to get them all done in a day. But the main reason I want to give myself the month is becuase I really want some of the opportunities to bless people to be spontaneous. I pray the Lord will give me opportunities throughout the month to show His love to people who really need it. If every RAOK was preplanned, it could really take away from that.

So that's that. 25 RAOK for my 25th birthday.

And I'd love if you joined in. If you're out, and you see the opportunity to complete a RAOK and think of this post, could you do it for me? Maybe the person in front of you at the grocery store is just smidge short on their bill and needs a little change, or maybe you decided to take a few carts from the wayyyy back of the parking lot up to the store, or maybe you feel like paying for the toll fee for the car behind you, or you see an elderly person that could use some help loading their groceries in their car...(the list goes on!)

If you decide to participate because of this post, could you let me know what you did? I'd love to compile a list of all the blessings we bestowed upon people!

I will be keeping up with each random act on my blog, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm sure this will be so rewarding for the soul. Btw how do get onto pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a picture for a couple (I asked them for the opportunity) at clingmans dome today :)

    ReplyDelete