Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!!

We had a good day over here in New Bern.

We ended up having an intimate Thanksgiving with just our family. We stayed in our pj's...and just relaxed. It was an enjoyable day.

We started our day with Pioneer Woman's Monkey Muffins.

She topped them with sweetened condensed milk, but I had leftover icing from the Pumpkin Cookies I made the day before, so I used that. The boys really liked them!

Even though it was just the 4 of us (and one of us doesn't eat meat,) I bought a 12.5 lb turkey...because Greg loves it that much. I made quite a bit of sides too because, let's be serious: it's all about the sides.

We had turkey, green bean casserole, Gulliver's corn (a Wehrman) family recipe, sweet potatoes, stuffing, Pioneer Woman's Potatoes Au Gratin, cranberry sauce, and olives. It was all delish!

Here's the boys enjoying the food. :)

And Kylee learned a new trick during dinner! Here's a video. :) I can't believe how big she's getting!



For dessert, we had pumpkin pie, no-bake cheesecake, and raspberry cobbler. Greg and I dipped into the cheesecake last night...I figured with how many desserts we had and how little number of people we had eating them, the two pieces wouldn't be missed today. ;)

After dessert, we went up to the local fire station to take them a pumpkin pie to say "thanks" for keeping us safe, even though that means working on Thanksgiving.

It was a good day. I am so thankful for how the Lord has blessed me with such a wonderful little family, and how next year we'll have another member!

How was your Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment