Wednesday, April 4, 2012

39 Weeks

39 Weeks...here we are. Today is the day in my pregnancy that I was induced with Kylee. But since it's 9:45 at night, it's not looking good that baby boy will be making his entrance today.

I had my ultrasound this past Monday. Baby boy is, indeed, head down, and his estimated weight was 8lb 4oz. The dr said my amniotic fluid levels are on the low side of normal but nothing to be concerned about. However, that's probably why I'm measuring small. But she said everything looks good, so we just continue to wait for labor!

I have been having contractions and cramping for days. I'm pretty uncomfortable at this point but I'm not in full blown labor. Today though, I didn't feel myself all day. I was nauseous most of the day and I just didn't feel normal. I don't know how to explain it more than that. I don't know if it actually means anything, I just know I don't feel right. I went to church tonight and had a couple women tell me I look lower...I sure hope so! Hopefully my nausea means something but only time will tell. Do you think I look lower?
 

I've been trying to fix my attitude the last couple days too. I was getting like many pregnant women do at the end and I just wanted to be done and have my baby and I was grumpy because of it. I've come to my senses though (mostly) and I really want to have the right attitude in these last days. We weren't even trying for this baby, yet God decided to bless us with him. Who am I to tell God He's taking too long in when this child is to be born? And I know in a few weeks when he's here, I'm going to wish time would slow down. No need to rush these last days with him in my belly. I've been trying to soak up extra cuddles from the other two, also. Hunter remembers Kylee being born, so this should be an easier transition for him, but Kylee isn't going to be the baby anymore very soon! I've been snuggling with her at night getting some extra love while she's still the baby.

My next appointment is Tuesday the 10th. That's the day before my due date. We'll see if I make it that far!

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss you Wednesday night? Or am I still walking around in a fog? Sorry. Hope to see you Sunday, if baby waits.

    ReplyDelete