Wednesday, April 11, 2012

40 Weeks

Well, here we are. Today is my due date.

And I'm still pregnant. And it's almost 10pm...so I'm thinking it's safe to say that he'll be overdue.

I had my regular doctor appointment yesterday. She said I was 3 cm dilated, but he's still at -2 station, and I'm only 10% effaced. But she said my cervix is soft, so hopefully it'll start to thin out too. I asked about induction since he's only getting bigger the longer he stays in there, and she said the dr won't even consider induction before 41 weeks, regardless of the fact that Hunter was 10lb 8 oz. She said statistics don't show correlation in size with siblings, and that statistics DO show a higher risk of emergency c-sections with inductions before the 41 week mark. I cried right there in the dr's office. I know it was silly, but my hormones got the best of me, I guess.

I left there really disappointed because I was really hoping for an induction date. But as the day went on, I became level-headed again and remembered that I told myself I didn't want induction with this one. So I have an appointment scheduled for Monday to talk about induction, but Lord willing, I won't make it that far and won't have to worry about it.

And this morning from about 5-7 am, I was awoken by multiple contractions, and then would fall back asleep in between them. I had them on and off during the morning too, but only about 2 an hour. This afternoon I'm not sure I noticed any except when I laid down for a bit. Then at church tonight, I noted 2 during the preaching. So I wonder if they're noticeable when I'm resting but when I'm up and busy, I just pass them off as Braxton Hicks. But when I do have one, I know it's real. It's definitely an actual contraction. So how we just need them to get stronger and closer together. I'm ready for my baby boy!
Here's this week's pic:

No comments:

Post a Comment