Saturday, April 14, 2012

I'm in Labor!

I'm updating before he's here and I don't remember all these details anymore.

I've been having contractions on and off for about 3 days, but yesterday they started to be pretty consistent. They were 7 minutes apart yesterday but still bearable. This morning they were 6 minutes apart but I was determined to go to Hunter's first soccer game. After that, they were 5 minutes apart all day. We kept going about our day though because they were totally bearable. I wouldn't even say painful, just uncomfortable. But I spoke with a l&d nurse who said if they're 5 minutes apart even when I lay down to come in because I was already 3 cm at my last appt.

Even though I felt a bit silly, since it was mainly just like period back pain that came in 5 minute waves, we decided to come in. They monitored for a bit and saw the contractions that were 5 minutes apart, and when the nurse checked me, she said I was 4 cm and 70% effaced. The dr came in and was given the information and said they would keep me. I had my water broken about 8:30 and the contractions have been getting progressively more painful so I'm sure this is the last you'll hear from me before we have a sweet baby boy!

2 comments:

  1. We can't wait and your other sweet kids are being so good. They've eaten a good supper and playing sweetly! We are all praying for a safe and healthy delivery! Thankful for this wonderful blessing of life we are about to meet! :-) Glad you took my advice! ;-) (you know what i'm talking about!!!!!!! ;-) hehehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! Praying for a safe delivery for you and baby boy!!

    ReplyDelete