Sunday, May 29, 2016

Gender Reveal Party

The gender reveal party was super fun! Greg and I found out at the ultrasound like we had with every other baby, and we just didn't tell anyone untill the party that evening. I recommend scheduling your party asap after your ultrasound! I didn't even like waiting the 8 hours to tell people - I can't imagine waiting days! This is us right before the ultrasound. 9 years ago for my ultrasound with Hunter, my friends Maryn and Jenny accompanied me since Greg was in Iraq. I had originally planned for all of us to wear pink, and then the night before the ultrasound, I felt like I'd be a terrible mom if we all wore pink and it ended up being a boy. So I switched to a neutral green, Maryn switched to blue, and Jenny stayed in pink. And so, the tradition was born. Every anatomy ultrasound since then, Greg has worn blue and I have worn pink (or purple.) Baby girl's ultrasound was no different, and our shirt colors also accurately showed what gender we were both SURE the baby was.
I searched Pinterest for most of my ideas that we had at the party. And our babysitter, Tabby, was amazing and stayed with me all day to help make all the food!
 Of course, we had a voting board. Looks like most people were correct! :)
  
 Our favors for games were full size Hershey bars.
  
 Here was our invite I designed.

 I thought bullets as decorations were fitting and so I also turned them into a game.

I also had a jar for name suggestions.

 
We had party popcorn, cake pops, and chocolate covered pretzels. (All were covered with Wilton candy melts.)

I made the cupcake toppers with my Silhouette. The crowns were gold glitter vinyl.
 We served hot dogs, cole slaw, chips, and baked beans. We set up tables outside on the patio. The weather was absolutely perfect!

I bought letter blocks from the Dollar Tree, and had two people go against each other. They had 45 seconds to build the highest tower that they could while being blindfolded. The winners won a Hershey bar.





And finally, the reveal. I found these poppers on clearance at Michaels (score!) and I covered them in black vinyl.

 I then filled them with paper confetti with the correct color, and let the kids pop them. Here's the video of the reveal :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment