Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Greg's Birthday Weekend

This past Saturday was Greg's birthday. It was a relaxing day of just being together as a family. Saturday morning we went to the local farmer's market. The VA Beach Farmer's Market is actually open 7 days a week. This is convenient, however, it also means that you aren't going there to save money. We didn't buy much. They do have an old fashioned candy shop though, and mommy and Hunter got chocolate and m&m covered pretzels. YUM! Here is Hunter enjoying his.

Even though we didn't buy much, it was still fun looking at all the different shops. After that, we went to Lone Star for lunch, and I (of course) told the servers it was his birthday so they came over and embarrassed him. He hates when I do that, but he doesn't understand that him hating it just makes it that much more fun!!!:)

I also got new glasses on Saturday. These are my first new frames since my sophomore year in high school, so I was VERY excited for the change, and I absolutely LOVE them! Here they are.

After lunch, we came home and Greg worked on his transmission. (Working on car parts on your birthday. Is that a guy birthday, or what?!) I don't think I blogged about this (probably because I was so mad) but Greg's transmission blew in his truck two months ago, so he has had my car since then. It gets pretty boring sitting at home without even the OPTION to go anywhere, but I know he can't help it. Anyway, he's been working on rebuilding the transmission so he can have his truck back! That's how he spent the afternoon. He's still not done, but he got some good progress in.

We had a lazy evening, and were too full from lunch still for cake, so we went to bed.

Sunday was church, and then we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner with a birthday coupon Greg had gotten. When we got home, we did candles and cake. Hunter and I (and by saying that, I simply mean 'I') sang daddy 'happy birthday' and we enjoyed cake. Here's a couple pictures of his presents from us.

We got him a super-cool spatula for his grill.

And a koozy for beer.
He loves them both. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment