Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's a GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had our ultrasound last night and it went WONDERFULLY! While we were waiting to go into the room, she was going crazy and kicking, and Greg even got to feel 3 kicks for the first time since his birthday! It was very special. :)
Our baby girl is healthy as can be, and measuring just fine. :) Here is a picture of her little face.

The tech asked us when we walked in the room if we wanted to know the sex, and we both gave enthusiastic 'yes's! Then she confirmed once again when she was there making sure we wanted to know. When we said yes again, she said, "It's a girl." I let out a HUGE gasp, and said, "Oh my gosh, are you serious? Are you SURE?" And she said, "yep!" I'd already asked her how long she had been doing ultrasounds, and her answer was, "since 1983," so I was pretty sure I could trust her. ;) I couldn't believe it and started to get teary eyed, but held back because I didn't think balling like a baby was appropriate during an ultrasound showing a healthy baby. Then, a little while later, she showed us the proof. Once we both saw it, Greg said, "Aww, man. That's definitely a girl. I was hoping there was a LITTLE chance it wasn't." This next picture is the proof with it labeled so, but the following picture shows it even better. Please skip over the photos if you'd rather not see. ;)
Next, we have her precious little baby foot that I can't wait to kiss!

And that's that. I was definitely disappointed that she didn't give us any profile pictures of her, but I am just thankful for a healthy baby.
EVERYONE (a large majority anyway) thought it was a boy, so I was so excited to tell them otherwise.
Greg is acting disappointed about it, but I know when he holds her in his arms, he will fall in love.
So now, we have 4 months to decide on a name. We definitely have a lot of work ahead of us because we were so sure it was a boy, we didn't even discuss girl's names!

But for today, I will start tackling the baby girl's bedroom...

1 comment: