Tuesday, March 8, 2011

LOVE

My friend Christy and I are reading a book together called, The Modern Girl's Guide to Bible Study, by Jen Hatmaker. It's a book to help teach you how to study the Bible on your own, and listen to the Holy Spirit and what He is trying to tell you about what you read daily.

Today the author directed me to 1 Corinthians 13. (While the tools I learn from this book will allow me to read anything in the Bible and study it, she directs the reader to certain passages in the beginning to help us get used to studying.)

The Lord definitely spoke to me today through this passage, and it was so exciting. I thought I was incapable of studying the Bible because I didn't know how, but it was awesome to have heard Him this morning, and I wanted to share it.

As you may know, this chapter is "the love chapter" of the Bible. It talks about what love is, and if I don't have love, I am nothing. My faith, my testimony, my witnessing is nothing without love. I need to love every one as Jesus does so they can see Him through me. It was clear to me, though, that with how perfect this love is, it can only come from God. The definition of love in the back of my Bible is this: wanting good to come to another person; being concerned and willing to work for another person's benefit. The flesh is incapable of love like this. I can only do this with His help. He will be loving others through me. I need His help to love like this so that the world can see, feel, and know His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment