Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Revelation

So I went for a short run tonight while Greg stayed home with Hunter. I've had a lot on my mind with a few people that I've been trying to get to come to church and stuff, and I just wanted to get out and be able to pray like I did on Sunday.

Besides the heat, it was a nice run. I was able to talk with God about everything I've had on my mind, and I was, once again, thankful I'd thought to start praying like this during my runs. Then, something occurred to me...

Let me first say that when I first considered training for the half-marathon, I was extremely apprehensive about it and didn't know if I had what it takes to run, even if I didn't really know what "it" was. My final decision to actually do it was made during worship on a Sunday morning when I clearly felt the Lord telling me that I could do it and He would give me any and all the strength I needed to do so.

Since I've started to train, I really have gained an appreciation for running. It's become more than just training for a half-marathon. When I haven't been running for a while, like when I hurt my ankle, for example, I actually get to the point where I crave goint out for a run. It's crazy and I never thought I'd EVER feel that way. But I do, and I (most of the time) genuinely enjoy running now.

So, it occurred to me tonight that I think the Lord gave me this appreciation of running because in doing so, He gave me time to spend with Him. One thing I love about running is that there are NO distractions. I don't have a toddler at my legs, or a phone to my ear, or any of that. I just r-u-n. I'm so thankful He gave me this so that I really can have undivided time with Him.

And let's be honest, I don't think my husband minds giving me time to myself for prayer if I'm also getting skinny in the process! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment